Search results

The Almshouses
The Almshouses (20090194)
An original drawing by Mary Oliver. The 18th century Almshouses that used to stand in Mill Lane. They were built on the site of a 14th century Lazar House ie house for lepers. The Almshouses were demolished in 1960. The Doctor’s surgery now stands on the site. (Oliver)
Constable's Staff
Constable's Staff (20090192)
Borough of Grampound Constable's Staff 1797. It is of black painted wood but shows the remains of what appears to have been gold lettering etc. An original drawing by Mary Oliver. (Oliver)
Sketch Map of Grampound Area
Sketch Map of Grampound Area (20090191)
Sketch map of Grampound area. An original drawing for the Booklet "Grampound with Creed" published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. (Oliver)
Mayoral Seal
Mayoral Seal (20090187)
Grampound Mayoral Seal 1734 (Oliver)
Grampound Seal
Grampound Seal (20090186)
Grampound Seal â€" colour 2 (Oliver)
Grampound Seal
Grampound Seal (20090185)
Grampound Seal - circular (Oliver)
Grampound Seal
Grampound Seal (20090184)
Grampound Seal â€" colour 1 (Oliver)
Hollies Store
Hollies Store (20090180)
Hollies Store and Post Office. An original drawing for the Booklet ‘Grampound with Creed’ published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. In 2008 the Post Office and Shop was still flourishing and being run by Graham and Jenny Gingell. (Oliver)
Rear of Trevail
Rear of Trevail (20090178)
Drawing by Mary Oliver showing the rear of Trevail with the school building on the left. This may have been a draft of a drawing done for ‘The Book of Grampound with Creed’ published by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver in 1998. (Oliver)
Trevail and Vercoe
Trevail and Vercoe (20090177)
Drawing by Mary Oliver showing Trevail (left) and Vercoe c1990. An earlier house on the site of Trevail was occupied by John Hampden during the time he was MP for Grampound in the 17th century. This may have been a draft of a drawing done for ‘The Book of Grampound with Creed’ published by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver in 1998. (Oliver)
Grampound with Creed 1908
Grampound with Creed 1908 (20090212)
Sketch map of Grampound and Creed in 1908. (Oliver)
Map of Creed 1831
Map of Creed 1831 (20090211)
Sketch map drawn by Mary Oliver showing Creed Church Town in 1831. (Oliver)
Map of Ancient Features
Map of Ancient Features (20090210)
Sketch map drawn by Mary Oliver showing ancient features in Grampound and Creed. (Oliver)
Land Holdings Map 1831
Land Holdings Map 1831 (20090208)
Land holdings map of western end of Fore Street and Old Hill (part 2), Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver. This is based on an original map drawn in 1831 by H St Aubyn. See appendix 1 to these notes for the key â€" available from Heritage Centre. (Oliver)
Land Holdings Map 1831
Land Holdings Map 1831 (20090207)
Land holdings map of eastern end (part 2) of Fore Street, Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver. This is based on an original map drawn in 1831 by H St Aubyn. See appendix 1 to these notes for the key â€" available from Heritage Centre. (Oliver)
Land Holdings Map 1831
Land Holdings Map 1831 (20090206)
Land holdings map of eastern end (part 1) of Fore Street, Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver. This is based on an original map drawn in 1831 by H St Aubyn. See appendix 1 to these notes for the key â€" available from Heritage Centre. (Oliver)
Map of 1831
Map of 1831 (20090202)
Tracing of a map of Grampound made by Mary Oliver. The original map was drawn by H St Aubyn in 1831 and it shows the ownership/lessees of property at that time. This shows Upper Fore Street on Creed side. (Oliver)
Map of 1831
Map of 1831 (20090201)
Tracing of a map of Grampound made by Mary Oliver. The original map was drawn by H St Aubyn in 1831 and it shows the ownership/lessees of property at that time. This shows Lower Fore Street on Creed side. (Oliver)
Map of 1831
Map of 1831 (20090200)
Tracing of a map of Grampound made by Mary Oliver. The original map was drawn by H St Aubyn in 1831 and it shows the ownership/lessees of property at that time. This shows the Probus side of the village; Old Hill was still then the main road to Truro and the bridge shown is the pre-1834 one. (Oliver)
Creed Barn
Creed Barn (20090199)
An original drawing for the Booklet ‘Grampound with Creed’ published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. A detail from the drawing of Creed Church. (Oliver)
Garlenick
Garlenick (20090196)
An original drawing by Mary Oliver - Garlenick. This was produced for The Book of Grampound with Creed by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. A full account of the history of the house and estate appears on pages 135 â€" 139. (Oliver)
Bible Christian Chapel
Bible Christian Chapel (20090195)
An original drawing for the Booklet ‘Grampound with Creed’ published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. The Bible Christian Chapel in Creed Lane, built in 1881. It was converted into a private dwelling c1990 and called ‘The Old Chapel’. (Oliver)
Town Hall and St Nun's
Town Hall and St Nun's (20090193)
Grampound Town Hall and St Nun's Church. An original drawing for the Booklet "Grampound with Creed" published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. (Oliver)
Creed Church
Creed Church (20090190)
Creed Church. An original drawing for the Booklet "Grampound with Creed" published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. (Oliver)
Town Mills
Town Mills (20090189)
The Mill, Grampound. An original drawing for the Booklet‚Grampound with Creed‚ published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. The corn mill ceased to operate c1965 but in 1992 the remains of the overshot wheel were still visible as were the mill leats. Water power was also used in the fulling mills that used to stand along Mill Lane. (Oliver)
Alleyway behind Churchill's Shop
Alleyway behind Churchill's Shop (20090188)
The Alleyway behind Churchill's Shop. Grampound. An original drawing for the Booklet "Grampound with Creed" published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. Churchill's shop and the properties behind it have undergone extensive restoration in 2008. (Oliver)
Grampound Seal
Grampound Seal (20090183)
Grampound Seal as reproduced by Mary Oliver for use on commemoration mugs for the 2000 Millennium. (Oliver)
St Nun's Church
St Nun's Church (20090181)
St Nun’s Church. Date and origin of print unknown. (Oliver)
Churchill's Shop
Churchill's Shop (20090179)
Churchill’s Shop, Grampound. An original drawing for the Booklet ‘Grampound with Creed’ published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. Later, Churchill’s Shop was run by Mrs Osborne and subsequently by the Godfreys. It is thought to have closed c1970. The passageway to the right of the shop leads past some very old cottages and then to Pepo Lane. (Oliver)
View of Grampound - painted
View of Grampound - painted (20090063)
General view of Grampound c1900 painted (see black and white photo 20090028). Pictured from the hill behind the modern-day pet store. It was then a tannery and was owned by R Bennett and Son. The road to St Austell, as it climbs the hill through the village, can be seen at the top left. (Hicks)
previous next