Search results

Map of 1831
Map of 1831 (20090201)
Tracing of a map of Grampound made by Mary Oliver. The original map was drawn by H St Aubyn in 1831 and it shows the ownership/lessees of property at that time. This shows Lower Fore Street on Creed side. (Oliver)
Grampound floral dance
Grampound floral dance (20090089)
The Floral Dance in the 1930s. The Grampound Town Band is being followed by schoolchildren. The band ceased to exist c 1939. (Hicks)
Dolphin Inn WW2
Dolphin Inn WW2 (20090084)
Fore Street showing the Dolphin Inn with motorcycles parked outside. This photograph was probably taken during World War 2. The motorcycles have shaded headlights as required by the blackout regulations. (Hicks)
Whites and Miners shops
Whites and Miners shops (20090082)
Fore Street showing W J White's General Store and Miners' Cycle Shop with the Dolphin in the background. This photograph was probably taken during World War 2. W J White's closed in the 1960s and Miners' in the 1970s. (Hicks)
Mrs Osborne's shop 1940s
Mrs Osborne's shop 1940s (20090081)
Fore Street showing the Dolphin Inn; the shop uphill from the Dolphin was also a General Store run by Mrs Osborne. Her son, John Osborne, had a coal round and his yard was located on the site now occupied by the closed petrol station near to the bridge. This photograph was probably taken during World War 2. (Hicks)
Dolphin Inn and stores
Dolphin Inn and stores (20090080)
Fore Street showing the Dolphin Inn, Mr Miners' cycle shop and W J White, Grocer and General Stores, with the Town Hall in background. This was probably taken during World War 2. Mr Miners also ran the blacksmiths forge that was then located in what is now (2008) Tim Lobb's garage. The Miners family also ran a forge on some days of the week at Polmassick. (Hicks)
Dolphin Inn 1950s
Dolphin Inn 1950s (20090056)
Main street c1950s showing Dolphin Inn. The building immediately uphill from the Dolphin was then the Post Office; it subsequently moved to Radnor House. The building downhill from the Dolphin was a cycle shop owned by the Miners family. They also ran a blacksmiths business in what is now (2008) Tim Lobb's garage. (Hicks)
Fore street
Fore street (20090031)
Children playing on Fore Street - looking East. St Nun's and Town Hall in background. Trevillick house on left. The horse and cart are by the Dolphin inn. See also current day view of same photo (20149001). (Croggon)
Fore street
Fore street (20090021)
View East up Fore Street. Dolphin Inn on the left and Town Hall in the centre (Croggon)
previous