Search results

Fore Street c1910
Fore Street c1910 (20100141)
Top of the hill in Fore Street looking east â€" c1910. The house on the left is Bonython. Until 1931 this was the home of Dr Barry who was replaced by Dr Stewart in that year. After Dr Barry’s departure the house was occupied by the Lewman family. (Hicks)
Fore Street c1920
Fore Street c1920 (20100149)
Upper part of Fore Street looking east with the Town Hall on the left; the walls are still rendered - c1920s. (Hicks)
Fore Street c1910
Fore Street c1910 (20100144)
Fore Street looking east towards Town Hall â€" c1910. The ivy-clad building on the left was Mr Miners’ bicycle shop; this building has now (2008) been incorporated into the Dolphin Inn. (Hicks)
William Rawson Croggon MA (Cantab)
William Rawson Croggon MA (Cantab) (20091042)
William Croggon is a member of the family that owned and operated the Manor Tannery and he was Chairman of the Parish Council 1979 - 1985. (Parish Council)
Top of Fore Street
Top of Fore Street (20091012)
Top of Fore Street looking west. The Post Office, in 2009 Hollies Store and Post Office, can be seen on the right. Note the lower level of the road than now on the left. Pedestrians seem untroubled by the possibility of road traffic! The Manor House and Croggon's Tannery office can be seen on the left a little down the hill. (Paynter)
Top of Fore Street looking west
Top of Fore Street looking west (20091004)
Top of Fore Street looking west from just below the sub Post Office which was then in the present (2008) antiques shop. The Town Hall clock shown is the old octagonal one that was replaced in the late 1890s. (Paynter)
Land Holdings Map 1831
Land Holdings Map 1831 (20090206)
Land holdings map of eastern end (part 1) of Fore Street, Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver. This is based on an original map drawn in 1831 by H St Aubyn. See appendix 1 to these notes for the key â€" available from Heritage Centre. (Oliver)
Town Hall c1910
Town Hall c1910 (20090105)
Town Hall c1910. The oil lamp by the wall on the right now stands just inside the gate of the recreation ground. The General Store can be seen on the right below Trenance and Manor House. See photo from same series 20091003. (Hicks)
Clock tower at sunset
Clock tower at sunset (20090065)
Grampound Town Hall c 1970s. An evening shot in summer showing the splendid laburnum tree that used to grow in the garden of Springfield House. (Hicks)
Manor house, Fore Street
Manor house, Fore Street (20090023)
The Manor House, Grampound about 1926 (Croggon)
Manor house doorway, Fore Street
Manor house doorway, Fore Street (20090024)
Detail of the doorway of the Manor House, Grampound about 1926 (Croggon)
previous