Search results

Land Holdings Map 1831
Land Holdings Map 1831 (20090207)
Land holdings map of eastern end (part 2) of Fore Street, Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver. This is based on an original map drawn in 1831 by H St Aubyn. See appendix 1 to these notes for the key â€" available from Heritage Centre. (Oliver)
Map of 1831
Map of 1831 (20090202)
Tracing of a map of Grampound made by Mary Oliver. The original map was drawn by H St Aubyn in 1831 and it shows the ownership/lessees of property at that time. This shows Upper Fore Street on Creed side. (Oliver)
Town Hall and St Nun's
Town Hall and St Nun's (20090193)
Grampound Town Hall and St Nun's Church. An original drawing for the Booklet "Grampound with Creed" published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. (Oliver)
St Nun's Church
St Nun's Church (20090181)
St Nun’s Church. Date and origin of print unknown. (Oliver)
Churchill's Shop
Churchill's Shop (20090179)
Churchill’s Shop, Grampound. An original drawing for the Booklet ‘Grampound with Creed’ published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. Later, Churchill’s Shop was run by Mrs Osborne and subsequently by the Godfreys. It is thought to have closed c1970. The passageway to the right of the shop leads past some very old cottages and then to Pepo Lane. (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090175)
Children outside the Town Hall and St Nun's Church c1894-1918. If you recognise any of these children please let us know - there are some very familiar faces here! (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090174)
The Town Hall and St Nun’s Church showing the new clock and plaque but not the War Memorial; this places this photograph between 1894 and 1918. (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090173)
The Town Hall showing the old clock that was replaced following a donation by Rev Charles Henry Vivian in 1894. The plaque acknowledging this gift can now be seen on this elevation above that commemorating the Grampound war-dead of 1914-1918 and 1939-1945. The door and the left hand window on the front were swopped over during a renovation. (Oliver)
Miss Mannell's chickens 1966
Miss Mannell's chickens 1966 (20090055)
The site of the modern-day house Kentyre. In 1966, when this photo was taken, the owner of the former General Store, now known as Polman, owned this land and kept chickens on it. The name 'Polman' came from the owners of the General Store Mr Pollard and Miss Mannell. Mr Pollard worked as a salesman for the Croggon's tannery until about 1945. Springfield, Pepo Lane, St Nun's church and Town Hall can be seen in the background. (Hicks)
Fore Street west from Pepo lane
Fore Street west from Pepo lane (20090016)
Looking west down Fore Street from opposite Pepo Lane junction with A390 with children outside door of 'Lindley'. (Paynter)
Springfield and Pepo lane
Springfield and Pepo lane (20090015)
Fore street looking west showing Pepo Lane junction and Springfield. (Paynter)
Fore street west from Pepo lane
Fore street west from Pepo lane (20090014)
Looking west down Fore Street from Pepo Lane junction with A390. Note Monkey Puzzle tree at right edge of picture in garden of 'Springfield'. (Paynter)
previous