Search results

Dolphin Inn and Mrs Osborne's Shop
Dolphin Inn and Mrs Osborne's Shop (20100087)
Fore Street showing Dolphin Inn with Mrs Osborne’s shop next door. This photograph was probably taken during World War 2. Mrs Osborne’s shop later became known as ‘Churchill’s Store’. (Hicks)
Details of Grampound Market Cross
Details of Grampound Market Cross (20091033)
Details of Grampound's Market Cross that stands outside St Nun's Church and the Town Hall. The source of this description in unknown. (Parish Council)
Town Hall and Market Cross
Town Hall and Market Cross (20091011)
Town Hall and Market Cross. The Town Hall was once an open-sided Market Hall. St Nun's Church is just visible on the left. The present building dates from the 1860s and it was a Chapel of Ease, the Parish Church being at Creed. (Paynter)
Sketch of Grampound
Sketch of Grampound (20090205)
Preliminary sketch of Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver in, possibly, March 2000. This is a colour version of 20090203 and 20090204. (Oliver)
Sketch of Grampound
Sketch of Grampound (20090204)
Preliminary sketch of Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver in, possibly, March 2000. (Oliver)
Sketch of Grampound
Sketch of Grampound (20090203)
Preliminary sketch of Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver in, possibly, March 2000. (Oliver)
Millennium Photo
Millennium Photo (20090182)
Grampound Millennium Photograph 2000. (Oliver)
Land Holdings Map 1831
Land Holdings Map 1831 (20090207)
Land holdings map of eastern end (part 2) of Fore Street, Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver. This is based on an original map drawn in 1831 by H St Aubyn. See appendix 1 to these notes for the key â€" available from Heritage Centre. (Oliver)
Map of 1831
Map of 1831 (20090202)
Tracing of a map of Grampound made by Mary Oliver. The original map was drawn by H St Aubyn in 1831 and it shows the ownership/lessees of property at that time. This shows Upper Fore Street on Creed side. (Oliver)
Town Hall and St Nun's
Town Hall and St Nun's (20090193)
Grampound Town Hall and St Nun's Church. An original drawing for the Booklet "Grampound with Creed" published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. (Oliver)
St Nun's Church
St Nun's Church (20090181)
St Nun’s Church. Date and origin of print unknown. (Oliver)
Trevillick House
Trevillick House (20090176)
A group of adults and children outside Trevillick House, Fore Street, Grampound. The Town Hall clock dates this picture before c1894. (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090175)
Children outside the Town Hall and St Nun's Church c1894-1918. If you recognise any of these children please let us know - there are some very familiar faces here! (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090174)
The Town Hall and St Nun’s Church showing the new clock and plaque but not the War Memorial; this places this photograph between 1894 and 1918. (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090173)
The Town Hall showing the old clock that was replaced following a donation by Rev Charles Henry Vivian in 1894. The plaque acknowledging this gift can now be seen on this elevation above that commemorating the Grampound war-dead of 1914-1918 and 1939-1945. The door and the left hand window on the front were swopped over during a renovation. (Oliver)
Town Hall Pre-1894
Town Hall Pre-1894 (20090077)
Grampound Town Hall pre-1894 when the clock was replaced as a result of a donation by the Rev Charles Henry Vivian. A plaque noting this gift is now attached to this elevation. Note the oil lamp outside the Church. The last man to fill this was Charles Knowles who is thought to have lived at Myrtle Cottage on Old Hill. (Hicks)
Fore street 1960s
Fore street 1960s (20090062)
Fore Street Grampound looking east towards Town Hall c1960s. The building with the notice board on the wall immediately uphill from the parked car on the left was the police station which was closed in the mid 1960s. Next up, with the railings, is Lindley and the white house is Springfield. (Hicks)
Watercolour of Town Hall
Watercolour of Town Hall (20090058)
Painting of Grampound Town Hall c1980s. (Hicks)
Miss Mannell's chickens 1966
Miss Mannell's chickens 1966 (20090055)
The site of the modern-day house Kentyre. In 1966, when this photo was taken, the owner of the former General Store, now known as Polman, owned this land and kept chickens on it. The name 'Polman' came from the owners of the General Store Mr Pollard and Miss Mannell. Mr Pollard worked as a salesman for the Croggon's tannery until about 1945. Springfield, Pepo Lane, St Nun's church and Town Hall can be seen in the background. (Hicks)
Temperance Day procession
Temperance Day procession (20090037)
Temperance Day Procession showing band, men and boys; St Nun's and Town Hall in background. c1905 (Croggon)
Fore street
Fore street (20090031)
Children playing on Fore Street - looking East. St Nun's and Town Hall in background. Trevillick house on left. The horse and cart are by the Dolphin inn. See also current day view of same photo (20149001). (Croggon)
previous