Search results

Chairman of the Parish Council
Chairman of the Parish Council (20091044)
It is believed that this is a photographic portrait of a past Chairman of the Parish Council. If you can identify this person or tell us anything about him, please contact us. (Parish Council)
Lt Cdr Jeremy Tetley
Lt Cdr Jeremy Tetley (20091043)
Lt Cdr Tetley was Chairman of the Parish Council from 1985 - 1995. He retired from the Parish Council in 1996 but continues to live locally. (Parish Council)
William Rawson Croggon MA (Cantab)
William Rawson Croggon MA (Cantab) (20091042)
William Croggon is a member of the family that owned and operated the Manor Tannery and he was Chairman of the Parish Council 1979 - 1985. (Parish Council)
Vernan Richards
Vernan Richards (20091040)
Vernan Richards was Chairman of the Parish Council. If anyone has further information about Mr Richards or can tell us when his term of office was, we would very much like to know - please contact us. (Parish Council)
Details of Grampound Market Cross
Details of Grampound Market Cross (20091033)
Details of Grampound's Market Cross that stands outside St Nun's Church and the Town Hall. The source of this description in unknown. (Parish Council)
Grampound Temperance Parade c 1900
Grampound Temperance Parade c 1900 (20091031)
In the early years of the 20th century there was an annual Temperance Parade in Grampound. This one probably dates from around 1900; the Town Hall has its new clock that it acquired in c1894. (Parish Council)
Mr Stephen Teague
Mr Stephen Teague (20091025)
Mr Teague was Clerk to the Parish Council. We would like to know more details about him and when his term of office was. If you know, please tell us! Email - heritage@grampound.org.uk (Parish Council)
Chairman of the Parish Council
Chairman of the Parish Council (20091024)
This is one of many portraits of past Chairmen of the Parish Council that hangs in the Council Chamber above the Heritage Centre in the Town Hall. We do not know who this individual is - if you do, please tell us! Email - heritage@grampound.org.uk (Parish Council)
Chairman of the Parish Council
Chairman of the Parish Council (20091023)
This is one of many portraits of past Chairmen of the Parish Council that hangs in the Council Chamber above the Heritage Centre in the Town Hall. We do not know who this individual is - if you do, please tell us! Email - heritage@grampound.org.uk (Parish Council)
Chairman of the Parish Council
Chairman of the Parish Council (20091022)
This is one of many portraits of past Chairmen of the Parish Council that hangs in the Council Chamber above the Heritage Centre in the Town Hall. We do not know who this individual is - if you do, please tell us! Email - heritage@grampound.org.uk (Parish Council)
Town Hall and Market Cross
Town Hall and Market Cross (20091011)
Town Hall and Market Cross. The Town Hall was once an open-sided Market Hall. St Nun's Church is just visible on the left. The present building dates from the 1860s and it was a Chapel of Ease, the Parish Church being at Creed. (Paynter)
Town Hall c 1900
Town Hall c 1900 (20091010)
Fore Street looking east from the junction with Pepo Lane. The new Town Hall clock has been installed and the plaque acknowledging this is in place but there is no War Memorial. This places this photo sometime after 1893 but before the end of the great War. The costumes suggest around 1900. The Monkey Puzzle Tree still stands in the garden of Springfield, on the left, and the General Store in the house now called 'Polman' is clearly visible on the right. (Paynter)
Shop Opposite Town Hall - Polman
Shop Opposite Town Hall - Polman (20091009)
Grocers Shop opposite the Town Hall that was closed and converted to a house in the 1930s - now named 'Polman'. Trenance House next door was then covered with creepers (Paynter)
Fore Street looking West
Fore Street looking West (20091008)
Fore Street looking west down the hill in Fore Street. Chains around Bonython suggest that this was pre-WW2. (Paynter)
Springfield House
Springfield House (20091005)
The Town Hall and Springfield House (left) after the removal of the Monkey Puzzle Tree from the front garden of the latter. (Paynter)
Top of Fore Street looking west
Top of Fore Street looking west (20091004)
Top of Fore Street looking west from just below the sub Post Office which was then in the present (2008) antiques shop. The Town Hall clock shown is the old octagonal one that was replaced in the late 1890s. (Paynter)
Town Hall Clock
Town Hall Clock (20091002)
Grampound Town Hall clock - date unknown. (Paynter)
Sketch of Grampound
Sketch of Grampound (20090205)
Preliminary sketch of Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver in, possibly, March 2000. This is a colour version of 20090203 and 20090204. (Oliver)
Sketch of Grampound
Sketch of Grampound (20090204)
Preliminary sketch of Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver in, possibly, March 2000. (Oliver)
Sketch of Grampound
Sketch of Grampound (20090203)
Preliminary sketch of Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver in, possibly, March 2000. (Oliver)
Constable's Staff
Constable's Staff (20090192)
Borough of Grampound Constable's Staff 1797. It is of black painted wood but shows the remains of what appears to have been gold lettering etc. An original drawing by Mary Oliver. (Oliver)
Millennium Photo
Millennium Photo (20090182)
Grampound Millennium Photograph 2000. (Oliver)
Land Holdings Map 1831
Land Holdings Map 1831 (20090207)
Land holdings map of eastern end (part 2) of Fore Street, Grampound drawn by Mary Oliver. This is based on an original map drawn in 1831 by H St Aubyn. See appendix 1 to these notes for the key â€" available from Heritage Centre. (Oliver)
Map of 1831
Map of 1831 (20090202)
Tracing of a map of Grampound made by Mary Oliver. The original map was drawn by H St Aubyn in 1831 and it shows the ownership/lessees of property at that time. This shows Upper Fore Street on Creed side. (Oliver)
Town Hall and St Nun's
Town Hall and St Nun's (20090193)
Grampound Town Hall and St Nun's Church. An original drawing for the Booklet "Grampound with Creed" published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. (Oliver)
Trevillick House
Trevillick House (20090176)
A group of adults and children outside Trevillick House, Fore Street, Grampound. The Town Hall clock dates this picture before c1894. (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090175)
Children outside the Town Hall and St Nun's Church c1894-1918. If you recognise any of these children please let us know - there are some very familiar faces here! (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090174)
The Town Hall and St Nun’s Church showing the new clock and plaque but not the War Memorial; this places this photograph between 1894 and 1918. (Oliver)
The Town Hall
The Town Hall (20090173)
The Town Hall showing the old clock that was replaced following a donation by Rev Charles Henry Vivian in 1894. The plaque acknowledging this gift can now be seen on this elevation above that commemorating the Grampound war-dead of 1914-1918 and 1939-1945. The door and the left hand window on the front were swopped over during a renovation. (Oliver)
Town Hall c1910
Town Hall c1910 (20090108)
Fore Street looking west showing Town Hall - c1910. (Hicks)
previous next