Miss Mannell's chickens 1966
The site of the modern-day house Kentyre. In 1966, when this photo was taken, the owner of the former General Store, now known as Polman, owned this land and kept chickens on it. The name 'Polman' came from the owners of the General Store Mr Pollard and Miss Mannell. Mr Pollard worked as a salesman for the Croggon's tannery until about 1945.
Springfield, Pepo Lane, St Nun's church and Town Hall can be seen in the background.
Contact us on email@example.com to license this photograph.