Search results

Riverside Petrol Station from the air
Riverside Petrol Station from the air (20169075)
Here is Riverside Petrol Station and Grampound with Creed School taken from the air just after the road widening. (Pryer)
Carnival
Carnival (20130538)
late 1950's or early 1960's. Peter Cock far right. (Paramor)
Tannery Hand Tools
Tannery Hand Tools (20130525)
A collection of hand tools used in the Manor Tannery at Grampound. The Manor Tannery opened in 1845 and was operated by the Croggon family until its final closure in 2002. The Grampound with Creed Heritage Centre, housed in the old Town Hall building, holds a collection of these tools. (GWCHP Collection)
Carnival Day July 1968
Carnival Day July 1968 (20120428)
July 1968. Dr Stewart opening the Carnival Day. (Crowe)
Carnival Day July 1968
Carnival Day July 1968 (20120427)
July 1968. Dr Stewart opening the Carnival Day. (Crowe)
Carnival Day July 1968
Carnival Day July 1968 (20120426)
Dr Stewart opened the Carnival Fair. (Crowe)
Carnival Day July 1968
Carnival Day July 1968 (20120425)
July 1968. Dr Stewart opening the Carnival Day. (Crowe)
Basil Spry with Austin Van
Basil Spry with Austin Van (20110320)
Basil Spry with Austin van outside the police house opposite the junction to Creed Lane. (Spry)
Old Hill 1960s
Old Hill 1960s (20112187)
Old Hill 1960s or 1970s Wool shed on the right used by the Fal Valley Tannery to store sheep hides prior to processing. This tannery was once owned by the Nancarrow family who sold it to the Bennetts in the 1890s. The house 'Westering' was built on the site of the wool shed in the 1980s or 1990s. Glenview still stands and is on the right. (Paynter)
Grampound School 1967
Grampound School 1967 (20112173)
School photograph 1967 Back row: ?? Juleff, David Way, Allison ?? ?? Third row: Burton, Linda ?? Still, Ann ?? Teague, Andrew Dawe, Anthony Bennett, Pauline ?? Second row: ?? Still, Nigel Crowe, Angela ?? Way, Beverley Biddick, Tina Bostoc, Elaine Front row: Way, Catherine May, Sonya ?? ?? ?? Morford, Jonathan Paynter, Chris (Paynter)
Creed Lane Bungalow
Creed Lane Bungalow (20102116)
First bungalow Creed Lane 1965 (Paynter)
Grampound Bowling Club c1980
Grampound Bowling Club c1980 (20102102)
Bowling green with clubhouse with corrugated roof Erected 1962, photo from 1980s (Paynter)
Petrol Station in Grampound 1950s/1960s
Petrol Station in Grampound 1950s/1960s (20102101)
House and garden adjoining petrol station Before road/bridge widening of 1969 Late 1950s to early 1960s Owner was exhibitor of dahlias (Paynter)
Petrol Station in Grampound c1963
Petrol Station in Grampound c1963 (20102100)
Petrol station in Grampound Mini filling up around 1963 (Paynter)
Grampound Football Club 1960-61
Grampound Football Club 1960-61 (20102047)
Grampound Football Club 1960-1961 Pollard, Bill Paynter, Roger Priddle, George Webb, John Cocking, Michael Golley, Edward Hicks, Ron Pearce, Alan Caff, Gordon Way, Derek Ellis, George (Paynter)
Grampound Football Club 1959-60
Grampound Football Club 1959-60 (20102046)
Grampound Football Club 1959-1960 Cocking, Michael Webb, John Mannell, Norman Pollard, Bill Priddle, George Ellis, George Paynter, Roger Henna, Colin Hicks, Ron Way, Derek Caff, Gordon (Paynter)
Fore Street c1965
Fore Street c1965 (20100152)
Fore Street looking east â€" c 1965. (Hicks)
Jack and Cyril Allen at Manor Tannery
Jack and Cyril Allen at Manor Tannery (20100221)
Another postcard. Father, Cyril (r) (b.1899) and son Jack (l) Allen are scraping the skins after they have been soaked in lime in order to remove the hairs.Down at the oldest area of lime pits. (Allen)
Richards' Camping Site
Richards' Camping Site (20100133)
Richards’ Camping Site in Mill Lane. The site ceased to exist in the early 1980s when the houses on the left of Mill Lane were built on the land. (Hicks)
Old Bridge
Old Bridge (20100129)
Old bridge looking east. The gatehouse, a former toll booth, is on the left and the allotments are on the right. (Hicks)
Dunn's Garage Garden
Dunn's Garage Garden (20100104)
The garden at Dunn’s garage; this disappeared when the road widening began in 1968. (Hicks)
Dr Stewart
Dr Stewart (20091032)
Dr Stewart was the long-time GP in Grampound and lived at Tremethick. He was also Chair of the Parish Council. If you know any more details about Dr Stewart, please contact us with your information. (Parish Council)
The Almshouses
The Almshouses (20090194)
An original drawing by Mary Oliver. The 18th century Almshouses that used to stand in Mill Lane. They were built on the site of a 14th century Lazar House ie house for lepers. The Almshouses were demolished in 1960. The Doctor’s surgery now stands on the site. (Oliver)
Town Mills
Town Mills (20090189)
The Mill, Grampound. An original drawing for the Booklet‚Grampound with Creed‚ published in 1992 by Amy Bane and Mary Oliver. The corn mill ceased to operate c1965 but in 1992 the remains of the overshot wheel were still visible as were the mill leats. Water power was also used in the fulling mills that used to stand along Mill Lane. (Oliver)
Croggon's Tannery 1960
Croggon's Tannery 1960 (20090114)
Ron Hicks and Ponto Priddle at Croggon's Tannery in 1960. They are placing a 'bend' of leather into the pit for curing; the pit contained an oak-bark solution. (Hicks)
Bridge 19th Century
Bridge 19th Century (20090107)
School and old bridge in the late 19th century. Note the smaller school window than now. It is thought the larger window was installed around 1900. The cottages, removed for road widening in the 1960s (20090106), are seen on the right and the angle of this photo shows the limited width of the road and bridge at this point. Old Hill can be seen in the distance. (Hicks)
Site of cleared cottages
Site of cleared cottages (20090106)
The site of the, now closed, petrol station in the late 1960s when demolition in preparation for the bridge widening had occurred. On the left of the foreground used to stand three cottages and on the right, the coal yard. (Hicks)
Whites and Miners shops
Whites and Miners shops (20090082)
Fore Street showing W J White's General Store and Miners' Cycle Shop with the Dolphin in the background. This photograph was probably taken during World War 2. W J White's closed in the 1960s and Miners' in the 1970s. (Hicks)
Mrs Bulley's shop 1934
Mrs Bulley's shop 1934 (20090079)
Shop of E M Bulley in Fore Street, close to the school, in 1934. The shop was later owned by Mrs Woodman and closed in the 1960s. (see also 20090078) (Hicks)
next