Search results

Bonython 2008
Bonython 2008 (20149013)
Bonython House, Fore Street Grade: II Date Listed: 10 February 1967 English Heritage Building ID: 71389 Circa 1800's (Fisher)
Fore Street, Grampound
Fore Street, Grampound (20120380)
Possibly soon after the end of World War 1. (Crowe)
Sponsored Cycle Ride
Sponsored Cycle Ride (20112232)
Cycling from John O'Groats to Lands End, raising money for diabetes Tisdale, Dr. John Sherratt, Graham (Paynter)
Town Hall c1912
Town Hall c1912 (20100157)
Grampound Town Hall â€" 1912. This is identical to 0148. (Hicks)
Town Hall Clock 1912
Town Hall Clock 1912 (20100148)
Town Hall clock pictured in 1912. The Vicar of Creed the Rev Charles Henry Vivian donated the clock to the village in 1894 as a farewell gift. This photograph appeared in a newspaper article to mark the clock’s centenary in December 1994. There used to be a door in this elevation of the Town Hall. (Hicks)
Fore Street c1910
Fore Street c1910 (20100141)
Top of the hill in Fore Street looking east â€" c1910. The house on the left is Bonython. Until 1931 this was the home of Dr Barry who was replaced by Dr Stewart in that year. After Dr Barry’s departure the house was occupied by the Lewman family. (Hicks)
Fore Street c1920
Fore Street c1920 (20100149)
Upper part of Fore Street looking east with the Town Hall on the left; the walls are still rendered - c1920s. (Hicks)
Girl Guides c 1933
Girl Guides c 1933 (20100061)
Girl Guides c1933. On the right is the Guide Leader, Mrs Stewart; she was the wife of Dr Stewart. Dr and Mrs Stewart had Tremethick built, previous village Doctors having lived at Bonython House. (Hicks)
Fore Street looking West
Fore Street looking West (20091008)
Fore Street looking west down the hill in Fore Street. Chains around Bonython suggest that this was pre-WW2. (Paynter)
Top of Fore Street looking west
Top of Fore Street looking west (20091004)
Top of Fore Street looking west from just below the sub Post Office which was then in the present (2008) antiques shop. The Town Hall clock shown is the old octagonal one that was replaced in the late 1890s. (Paynter)
Bonython House pre WW2
Bonython House pre WW2 (20091003)
Fore Street looking east with Bonython House on the left. The chains marking the boundary of the house were removed during the second world war as part of the munitions drive. See similar view in 20090036 and photos possibly from the from same series 20090105. (Paynter)
Grampound girl guides 1933
Grampound girl guides 1933 (20090043)
Grampound Girl Guides in c1933. At the rear are (from left) Mamie Philp (holding flag), Susan Tregunna, Eleanor Mannell, Pamela McFarlane. In the front are Joyce Jones, Lilly Wyatt, Barbara Allen, Kathleen Mannell. The Guide Leader (right) is Mrs Stewart wife of Dr Stewart. Dr and Mrs Stewart had Tremethick built, previous village Doctors having lived at Bonython House. (Tregunna)
Fore street 1886
Fore street 1886 (20090039)
Fore Street looking west in 1886 showing figures and Town Hall (Croggon)
Temperance Day procession
Temperance Day procession (20090036)
Temperance Day Procession c1905 showing women and girls. See similar view in 20091003. (Croggon)
Boys in Fore street
Boys in Fore street (20090034)
Boys playing on Fore Street by Town Hall. (Croggon)