Search results

Fore Street c1910
Fore Street c1910 (20100140)
Fore Street looking east â€" c1910. (Hicks)
Fore Street c1950s
Fore Street c1950s (20100124)
Fore Street looking east â€" c1950s. The newsagent’s shop (right foreground) was then owned by Mrs Woodman. The previous owner, Mrs Bulley, lived in the house to the left of the shop. The shop that is now Atlantis Foods (to the left of the white cottage on the right) was then a butchers. (Hicks)
WJ White - Grocer
WJ White - Grocer (20100085)
W J White Grocer and General Store. This photograph was probably taken during World War 2. (Hicks)
Grampound Bridge 1957
Grampound Bridge 1957 (20091001)
Bottom of Fore Street looking west in 1957, prior to the demolition of the cottages on the right. The board advertising camping referred to the summer camp site owned by the Richards family and now the site of a row of large houses on the left of Mill Lane as one leaves Fore Street. (Paynter)
Mrs Bulley's shop 1934
Mrs Bulley's shop 1934 (20090079)
Shop of E M Bulley in Fore Street, close to the school, in 1934. The shop was later owned by Mrs Woodman and closed in the 1960s. (see also 20090078) (Hicks)
Mrs Bulley's shop 1934
Mrs Bulley's shop 1934 (20090078)
Shop of E M Bulley in Fore Street, close to the school, in 1934. Mrs Bulley ran the shop; she was later re-married â€" to Fred Strongman. A girl called Mary Hoskins worked in the shop; she later married George Juleff, one of the six children of Eva Juleff (nee Mannell) who lived at Trengoffe on Old Hill between the wars. (see also 20090079) (Hicks)