Search results

Fore Street in the snow 1978
Fore Street in the snow 1978 (20169074)
Fore Street in the snow on 31 December 1978. You can see the Town Hall to the right hand side of the road, without the clock, which was removed at the time of this picture. (Rowe)
Fore Street
Fore Street (20149001)
Fore Street May 2014. Recreation of an older photo (20090031) showing that not much has changed. (Jenkins)
Carnival bunting 2012
Carnival bunting 2012 (20139001)
Bunting in Fore Street at sunset on carnival day September 1st 2012. (Jenkins)
Poppy Sellers in 1940s
Poppy Sellers in 1940s (20130518)
Poppy sellers outside the Town Hall probably late 1940s. At that time several poppy sellers each had their own area of the village to cover. (Hicks)
Double Decker Bus in Grampound
Double Decker Bus in Grampound (20130526)
A Western National double decker bus in Grampound close to the junction between Fore Street and Pepo Lane. It is thought that this was just post-WW2. The War Memorial Plaque is missing from the Town Hall. (Harris)
Tannery Hand Tools
Tannery Hand Tools (20130525)
A collection of hand tools used in the Manor Tannery at Grampound. The Manor Tannery opened in 1845 and was operated by the Croggon family until its final closure in 2002. The Grampound with Creed Heritage Centre, housed in the old Town Hall building, holds a collection of these tools. (GWCHP Collection)
Camelford and District Old Cornwall Society
Camelford and District Old Cornwall Society (20120514)
Camelford and District Old Cornwall Society visiting Grampound on 9th May 2011. This is one of a number of branches of the Old Cornwall Society that have visited the Grampound with Creed Heritage Centre. Members are pictured in the Council Chamber on the first floor of Grampound’s Historic Town Hall. They are being guided by Heritage Project researcher and Parish Councillor, Mrs Tina Tyler. (Heritage Centre Collection)
Fore Street, Grampound
Fore Street, Grampound (20120380)
Possibly soon after the end of World War 1. (Crowe)
Grampound Stamps and Seals
Grampound Stamps and Seals (20115014)
Photograph of stamps of Grampound seals. Original photograph by Charles Woolf of Newquay. Print donated by Catherine Rentoul â€" the daughter of long time Grampound GP Dr Stewart. Dr Stewart took many photographs of Grampound many of which are now in the Cornwall County Archive. (Rentoul)
Royal Wedding April 2011
Royal Wedding April 2011 (20110363)
On the occasion of their marriage on 29th April 2011, the Grampound with Creed Parish Council sent a letter of congratulation to Kate Middleton and Prince William of Wales. On the morning of the wedding, it was announced from Buckingham Palace that their Royal Highnesses were to be styled ‘Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’. Whenever the Duchess was referred to by her Christian name in the days after the wedding, it became accepted practice to call her ‘Catherine’. She will be the sixth Queen Consort of England since 1066 to bear this name. This is their reply to the Grampound with Creed Parish Council letter. (Parish Council Collection)
Royal Wedding April 2011
Royal Wedding April 2011 (20110362)
On the occasion of their marriage on 29th April 2011, the Grampound with Creed Parish Council sent a letter of congratulation to Kate Middleton and Prince William of Wales. On the morning of the wedding, it was announced from Buckingham Palace that their Royal Highnesses were to be styled ‘Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’. Whenever the Duchess was referred to by her Christian name in the days after the wedding, it became accepted practice to call her ‘Catherine’. She will be the sixth Queen Consort of England since 1066 to bear this name. This is their reply to the Grampound with Creed Parish Council letter. (Parish Council Collection)
Sponsored Cycle Ride
Sponsored Cycle Ride (20112232)
Cycling from John O'Groats to Lands End, raising money for diabetes Tisdale, Dr. John Sherratt, Graham (Paynter)
Waiting for Millennium Photo
Waiting for Millennium Photo (20112210)
Waiting in Fore Street for Millennium photo shoot in the rain. (Paynter)
Carnival day at the Town Hall
Carnival day at the Town Hall (20112208)
Carnival Day waiting for parade by Town Hall. (Paynter)
Penny Farthings 1990s
Penny Farthings 1990s (20112200)
Penny farthings in Fore Street (Paynter)
Property Sale 1919 : Lots 8–10 Fore Street north
Property Sale 1919 : Lots 8–10 Fore Street north (20100229)
Details of Lots 8 â€" 10; in the vicinity of Fore Street, north side. Lot 8 listed as Grampound Bridge so situated at the bottom of the village. The north side has the Town Hall and Church. (Crowe (nee Spry))
Property sale catalogue of July 1919
Property sale catalogue of July 1919 (20100225)
This collection consists of the scanned images of the pages of a property sale catalogue of July 1919, together with the maps that allow the location of each of the lots to be determined. The vendor was George Horace Johnstone Esq of Trewithin and it was held at 11.00 am on Saturday 12th July 1919 at the ‘Schools, Grampound’. Front cover of catalogue. This artefact was made available by Leonie Crowe (nee Spry). She believes that it came originally from the possessions of her Aunt and Uncle, Gertrude and Jabez Pollard who lived at Polman (opposite the Town Hall). The marginal notes were probably made by Jabez Pollard and he appears to have signed the top of the inside front page and several other pages. (Crowe (nee Spry))
St Nun's Exterior in the Snow
St Nun's Exterior in the Snow (20102118)
St Nun’s Church outside in snow (Paynter)
Town Hall Postcard
Town Hall Postcard (20102115)
Postcard town hall (Paynter)
Grampound Bowling Club c1980
Grampound Bowling Club c1980 (20102102)
Bowling green with clubhouse with corrugated roof Erected 1962, photo from 1980s (Paynter)
Town Hall c1912
Town Hall c1912 (20100157)
Grampound Town Hall â€" 1912. This is identical to 0148. (Hicks)
Town Hall Clock 1912
Town Hall Clock 1912 (20100148)
Town Hall clock pictured in 1912. The Vicar of Creed the Rev Charles Henry Vivian donated the clock to the village in 1894 as a farewell gift. This photograph appeared in a newspaper article to mark the clock’s centenary in December 1994. There used to be a door in this elevation of the Town Hall. (Hicks)
Town Hall c 1970s
Town Hall c 1970s (20100147)
Town Hall after restoration in the late 1970s. The cement rendering has been removed and the bare stone once again exposed. (Hicks)
Town Hall and Polman's Store
Town Hall and Polman's Store (20100146)
Town Hall and grocer’s shop opposite showing some advertisements eg Lipton’s Tea - c1910 (similar to 0105). The Monkey Puzzle Tree on the left used to grow in the garden of Springfield (Hicks)
Fore Street c1910
Fore Street c1910 (20100140)
Fore Street looking east â€" c1910. (Hicks)
Fore Street c1920
Fore Street c1920 (20100149)
Upper part of Fore Street looking east with the Town Hall on the left; the walls are still rendered - c1920s. (Hicks)
Sunday School Excursion c1910
Sunday School Excursion c1910 (20100145)
Grampound Town Hall; perhaps on the day of a Sunday School excursion. Perhaps c1910. (Hicks)
Fore Street c1910
Fore Street c1910 (20100144)
Fore Street looking east towards Town Hall â€" c1910. The ivy-clad building on the left was Mr Miners’ bicycle shop; this building has now (2008) been incorporated into the Dolphin Inn. (Hicks)
Fore Street c1950s
Fore Street c1950s (20100124)
Fore Street looking east â€" c1950s. The newsagent’s shop (right foreground) was then owned by Mrs Woodman. The previous owner, Mrs Bulley, lived in the house to the left of the shop. The shop that is now Atlantis Foods (to the left of the white cottage on the right) was then a butchers. (Hicks)
Chairman of the Parish Council
Chairman of the Parish Council (20091045)
It is believed that this is a photographic portrait of a past Chairman of the Parish Council. If you can identify this person or tell us anything about him, please contact us. (Parish Council)
next