Search results

Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Hollies Fore Street
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Hollies Fore Street (20169095)
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee June 2012. Hollies Store, Fore Street (Wells)
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Hollies
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Hollies (20169094)
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee June 2012. Hollies, Fore Street (Wells)
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - The Dolphin Inn
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - The Dolphin Inn (20169093)
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee June 2012. The Dolphin Inn, Fore Street (Wells)
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Atlantis Fish Shop
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Atlantis Fish Shop (20169092)
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee June 2012. Atlantis Fish Shop, Fore Street (Wells)
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Delmar
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Delmar (20169091)
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee June 2012. Delmar, Fore Street (Wells)
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Ringmore House
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Ringmore House (20169090)
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee June 2012. Ringmore House (formerly Godfrey's), Fore Street (Wells)
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Trevillick House
Diamond Jubilee 2012 - Trevillick House (20169089)
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee June 2012. Trevillick House, Fore Street (Wells)
Indian Restaurant and Woodman's Butchers Shop
Indian Restaurant and Woodman's Butchers Shop (20169076)
This picture shows Woodman's Butchers shop on the left and just below that is the Indian Restaurant which is now apartments. (Wells)
Fore Street in the snow 1978
Fore Street in the snow 1978 (20169074)
Fore Street in the snow on 31 December 1978. You can see the Town Hall to the right hand side of the road, without the clock, which was removed at the time of this picture. (Rowe)
Top of Fore Street
Top of Fore Street (20169069)
The top of Fore Street showing Hillside Cottages on the right. (Cock)
Fore Street July 1951
Fore Street July 1951 (20169068)
Grampound showing the top of Fore Street in July 1951. (Cock)
Scout troup
Scout troup (20159058)
The scout troop outside Trevail, Fore Street (with a shop attached to the side) Dated 1951? on the original which is with the scout archives in the Heritage Centre. (Bannister)
Bonython 2008
Bonython 2008 (20149013)
Bonython House, Fore Street Grade: II Date Listed: 10 February 1967 English Heritage Building ID: 71389 Circa 1800's (Fisher)
Sidney and Joyce Allen wedding
Sidney and Joyce Allen wedding (20149002)
Sidney and Joyce Allen, wedding party at Trevail, Fore Street 6th August 1930. Donated by their daughter Jennifer in 2012. (Jennifer Sandy)
Fore Street
Fore Street (20149001)
Fore Street May 2014. Recreation of an older photo (20090031) showing that not much has changed. (Jenkins)
Carnival bunting 2012
Carnival bunting 2012 (20139001)
Bunting in Fore Street at sunset on carnival day September 1st 2012. (Jenkins)
Poppy Sellers in 1940s
Poppy Sellers in 1940s (20130518)
Poppy sellers outside the Town Hall probably late 1940s. At that time several poppy sellers each had their own area of the village to cover. (Hicks)
Double Decker Bus in Grampound
Double Decker Bus in Grampound (20130526)
A Western National double decker bus in Grampound close to the junction between Fore Street and Pepo Lane. It is thought that this was just post-WW2. The War Memorial Plaque is missing from the Town Hall. (Harris)
Tannery Development 2012
Tannery Development 2012 (20120513)
Aerial photo of the tannery re-development â€" June 2012. At the end of 2011 the re-development of the old Manor Tannery site began. The re-development consisted partly of new-build on land formerly owned by the Manor Tannery and the repair and conversion of those of the tannery buildings that were of architectural merit. These were to become residential and commercial units. The company J Croggon and Sons had traded from the Manor Tannery since 1845 but the Croggon family had operated tanneries in Grampound since 1712. The company finally ceased trading in 2002. (Squire)
Tannery Development 2012
Tannery Development 2012 (20120512)
Aerial photo of the tannery re-development â€" June 2012. At the end of 2011 the re-development of the old Manor Tannery site began. The re-development consisted partly of new-build on land formerly owned by the Manor Tannery and the repair and conversion of those of the tannery buildings that were of architectural merit. These were to become residential and commercial units. The company J Croggon and Sons had traded from the Manor Tannery since 1845 but the Croggon family had operated tanneries in Grampound since 1712. The company finally ceased trading in 2002. (Squire)
Tannery Development 2012
Tannery Development 2012 (20120511)
Aerial photo of the tannery re-development â€" June 2012. At the end of 2011 the re-development of the old Manor Tannery site began. The re-development consisted partly of new-build on land formerly owned by the Manor Tannery and the repair and conversion of those of the tannery buildings that were of architectural merit. These were to become residential and commercial units. The company J Croggon and Sons had traded from the Manor Tannery since 1845 but the Croggon family had operated tanneries in Grampound since 1712. The company finally ceased trading in 2002. (Squire)
Tannery Development 2012
Tannery Development 2012 (20120510)
Aerial photo of the tannery re-development - June 2012. At the end of 2011 the re-development of the old Manor Tannery site began. The re-development consisted partly of new-build on land formerly owned by the Manor Tannery and the repair and conversion of those of the tannery buildings that were of architectural merit. These were to become residential and commercial units. The company J Croggon and Sons had traded from the Manor Tannery since 1845 but the Croggon family had operated tanneries in Grampound since 1712. The company finally ceased trading in 2002. (Squire)
Tannery Development 2012
Tannery Development 2012 (20120509)
Aerial photo of the tannery re-development â€" June 2012. At the end of 2011 the re-development of the old Manor Tannery site began. The re-development consisted partly of new-build on land formerly owned by the Manor Tannery and the repair and conversion of those of the tannery buildings that were of architectural merit. These were to become residential and commercial units. The company J Croggon and Sons had traded from the Manor Tannery since 1845 but the Croggon family had operated tanneries in Grampound since 1712. The company finally ceased trading in 2002. (Squire)
Tannery Development 2012
Tannery Development 2012 (20120508)
Aerial photo of the tannery re-development â€" June 2012. At the end of 2011 the re-development of the old Manor Tannery site began. The re-development consisted partly of new-build on land formerly owned by the Manor Tannery and the repair and conversion of those of the tannery buildings that were of architectural merit. These were to become residential and commercial units. The company J Croggon and Sons had traded from the Manor Tannery since 1845 but the Croggon family had operated tanneries in Grampound since 1712. The company finally ceased trading in 2002. (Squire)
Manor Tannery Development 2012
Manor Tannery Development 2012 (20120507)
Aerial photo of the tannery re-development June 2012. Site is mid top of the photograph. At the end of 2011 the re-development of the old Manor Tannery site began. The re-development consisted partly of new-build on land formerly owned by the Manor Tannery and the repair and conversion of those of the tannery buildings that were of architectural merit. These were to become residential and commercial units. The company J Croggon and Sons had traded from the Manor Tannery since 1845 but the Croggon family had operated tanneries in Grampound since 1712. The company finally ceased trading in 2002. (Squire)
Grampound Auxiliary Unit in WW2
Grampound Auxiliary Unit in WW2 (20120447)
Grampound Auxiliary Unit WW2. As with the Home Guard, the Auxiliary Units were civilians not regular soldiers but they were trained to a higher level of technical capability and it was envisaged that in the event of an invasion, they would harass and obstruct the enemy advance significantly. They were given professional training in the tactics of guerrilla warfare. They remained very secret during and well beyond the end of the war. The Grampound Auxiliary Unit had the task, in the event of an invasion, of blowing up Grampound Bridge in order to obstruct the movement of enemy troops, transport and heavy armour. They had an operational base at the north end of Trewithen Woods, now known as Barteliver Wood. Featured in this photograph are (l to r) WJ (Jack) Richards of Fore Street, HG (Harold) Cock of Moors View, Cpl SA (Sidney) Honey of Fore Street, WJM (John) Osbourne of Ringmore House, Sgt WJ (William) Knowles of Old Hill, CA (Clem) Knowles of Old Hill, IEE (Ire) Broom of Old Hill. Note that they are all carrying revolvers. More information about the Auxiliary Units can be found at Coleshill Auxiliary Research Team - http://www.coleshillhouse.com/ -. (Hicks)
Grampound Scouts
Grampound Scouts (20120418)
National Cub Scout tea-making frotnight 1982. Sean Mannell serving Bill Croggon outside the Manor Tannery Offices. (Crowe)
Grampound Scouts
Grampound Scouts (20120417)
National Cub Scout tea-making fortnight 1982. Sean Mannell with the Vicar and Mrs Spalding. (Crowe)
Fore Street, Grampound
Fore Street, Grampound (20120380)
Possibly soon after the end of World War 1. (Crowe)
T J Lobb Cars Cornwall
T J Lobb Cars Cornwall (20110388)
In the autumn of 2011 Tim Lobb Cars, Cornwall, the long-established garage in Grampound, took a lease on the disused petrol station at the west end of the village. Considerable renovation of the premises took place before the opening for the car sales side of the business. Tim Lobb first opened his car repair, tuning and servicing business in 1970 at the old forge, opposite the Dolphin Inn. The petrol station, now closed for over 10 years, was certainly trading as long ago as the 1950s and was once renowned for its beautiful gardens. (Stovell)
next